How has it just accepted that finding a dentist is impossible?
I've struggled for a long time to find a dentist that is taking on patients. Expensive private dentists seem to have plenty of vacancies, however NHS patients, or those working and on low incomes seem to have completely fallen through the net.
The last few days I've been in tremendous pain with two teeth, reluctantly decided to go through the rigmarole of 111 ( Adam you were great, thank you for being as helpful as you could!) And essentially the options were: * wait until 8:30 tomorrow and call and hope that the only dentist in the city that has spaces can fit me in, if not to continue each day. * ring the only dentist showing as accepting patients, which happens to be in another county and half an hour away.
I went for the first option and decided to call the second in the meantime to be told there's a waiting list until April. Not ideal but asked if I could be placed on the waiting list. Oh no! It's not a list! It just opens up in April and first come first served so need to keep contacting them for news.
This has been the case every time I've tried this, at times being quoted 18 months for a waiting list!
It's poor and just seems to be accepted as the norm, often with colleagues or friends adding in the quip " huh! Dentists ey? Rubbish aren't they!" I don't recall seeing any traction from any government regarding improving this either.
On an unrelated note, if anyone has any pliers...
[link] [comments] https://ift.tt/TzVvsF9
from United Kingdom https://ift.tt/oITHkz6
via
Comments
Post a Comment