Is it possible to open a UK bank account while abroad?

I understand that not everyone can answer this question, but just in case anyone has ANY clue I'll give you some context.

I was raised in London, moved to another country at 13, this is my 6th year here. I love it, it's the country my family is from and everything but for uni I've been wanting to go back to London for the experience and for a potential art student a lot more opportunities.

Without student loans, I might not be able to afford it. I know that I am entitled to student loans and maintenance loan but in order to actually apply for them, I need a UK bank account which I do not have.

I took a first gap year after school but due to airports closing over here and not being able to travel, I had to take a second gap year (right now) as I couldn't open a bank account.

Now this is happening again and I don't want to take anymore time out, so the chance is I'll just go to uni here where I am now which is not at all my first choice.

Do any of you know if there's a way I can open a UK bank account in another country? I understand if nobody has a clue on this lol but any info would be appreciated😊😊😁

submitted by /u/costaaa_
[link] [comments] https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

from United Kingdom https://ift.tt/3FYZz1h
via

Comments