Ambulance did not turn up : Hospital 1 mile away

In East London walking to the garage at the end of my road and saw someone being attended to on the path. I went to over to see if I could help. Some poor guy had fainted and removed a large patch of skin on his face with blood everywhere, very dazed.

The person helping had already called an ambulance. Having now been there 10 mins I called again. On closer section and trying to make more sense of the situation I'm out of my depth for dealing with this and the guy looked like he'd a seizure and head injury.

For once no police or ambulances were passing to flag down which was highly unusual.

4 phone calls were and over an hour in waiting, we all gave up. I ran back to my house, grabbed my car a took him to the nearest A&E about 1 mile away, after cancelling the ambulance.

I actually ended up taking him to 2 hospitals to save time.

submitted by /u/londonmenace
[link] [comments] https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

from United Kingdom https://ift.tt/3o8wtX3
via

Comments