NHS doctors and nurses, is there anything the everyday person can do to help you?

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where exactly to post this but seeing as this subreddit is about all things UK I figured this would be appropriate.

As many of us have seen, coronovirus cases are rising are rising dramatically in the UK. I can't imagine the strain this is putting on each and every one of you working in the NHS and care homes etc, and the emotional and mental toll this must take. Though I imagine so many of you are beyond tired and burnt out and this won't change that, please know you're a beacon of hope for so many people and you represent everything I think of when I think of courage: knowing the risk and still doing what you do despite that.

I've been racking my brains to think of Covid-safe ways we can support you all. Though the average joe cannot help in a medical sense, I really would jump at the opportunity to help out in an emotional way or take any kind of strain off you. I'm a broke student so I don't have much money lying around, but I do have free time.

So the question I have to you is this: what can we do to help? Some things the average person could do that I could think of include: making food, setting up some kind of call line so volunteers could take calls to help provide even a degree of emotional support/ a place to vent, organising video calls, making the little masks holders so masks don't hurt your ears (I'm sorry, I don't know their name) or arranging batch cooked meals so you don't have to think about cooking when you get home. I don't know what the answers are because I don't know the specific problems that need troubleshooting, I just want to help you guys out. You aren't paid half as much as you deserve, and have worked so hard for so long.

To everyone in the UK: please, please stay safe everyone as best you can. Look after yourself for the sake of yourself and your loved ones, and we will pull through. To those of you who are thinking about celebrating new years: for the love of God don't meet up, please. Video calls are not as fun, but a lot more fun than losing a loved one. People are working so hard to keep your family and friends safe, don't throw that down the drain.

I'd welcome any suggestions, or plans on how to implement ideas. Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/FreyjaJS
[link] [comments] https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

from The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland https://ift.tt/38ISSBr
via

Comments