TalkTalk is one of the worst companies out there.

Hi all,

I am with TalkTalk for my fiber internet.

I moved houses on 7th of March and I took it with me to the new house. Apparently they couldn't give me fiber to begin with so they downgraded me to a normal (1MB???) broadband.

I am not happy at all with that but it's fine, I can move out of this house within a couple of months (put a clause in the contract).

I have not had internet since the move, 7th of March. There has been numerous engineers coming into my house, or even not showing up (because TalkTalk made mistakes on their ticketing system apparently so the Openreach engineers just shut the tickets down).

Today the engineer came and he said "well there is internet on the box, it just seems it's a faulty router".

I want to get out of this mess. When I told them that I need to cancel my contract free of charge, they said "Oh no, your cooling off period is 20 days and it's been past that. It actually starts counting the date you TOLD us you will move, not the date you ACTUALLY MOVE. So that's 28th of Feb."

What the fuck? I told them I have not had the service i am contracted with since the start of the contract. I told her, that according to their Internet speed promise, if I dont' get the promsied speeds i can cancel. They promised me 1MB. I get 0.

He said "I understand this message (good job mate?) but you have to let us find a solution first and if we can't fix it within 30 days then you can cancel".

I say well it's been 30 days since the start of the contract. He says "Oh no, 30 days after you first reported it".

Funny thing is that their initial setup engineer came at the 16th of MARCH to set it up. That's already 17 days in the COOLING PERIOD. How on earth would I know if I am happy with the service if I don't get the service??????

Any ideas what I can do??? I don't want to pay their cancellation fees but if push comes to shove I will.

submitted by /u/AmaterasuHS
[link] [comments] https://ift.tt/eA8V8J

from The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland https://ift.tt/2wMt60f
via

Comments